11.29.2008

Pre-Race Update

Wow, time flies. So, I've put in the miles and put in the carbs, now I'm conserving energy until race time. I'm so excited and nervous. Tomorrow's Seattle Half Marathon will be the longest run of my life to date.

I'll be starting the race with my friend Danielle who is an amazing runner. I'm hoping she will stay with me for atleast 5 miles before she takes off for the finish line. I just hope I don't try to keep up with her because I'll be dead my mile 7 if I do.

My biggest concern today is the sudden heat wave. I know that 56 degrees may not seem warm, but when you are used to running in 40 degrees, it can throw you off. Long sleeves or short sleeves? What kind of layering? I'm really worrying about overheating.

Also, my dilemma today is ... to shop or not to shop? I'd like to do a little shopping since I had to work yesterday but I don't want to get too tired. Do you think it would be appropriate if I asked my husband to wheel me around in a wheelchair?

I'm excited to report back after the race! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment