3.01.2009

Icebreaker Time Trial 2009


So, last week we headed north to Everett, this week we headed south to Auburn/Black Diamond for the Icebreaker TT. It rained overnight so the roads we damp but the weather managed to hold for the race. I was so thankful because when I finished, I wasn't cold and miserable.

My start today was at 10:03 am and the line up made me a bit nervous. Last week, I was sandwiched between a bunch of men riders, so if they passed me, it was no biggie. This week, I had men in front of me but pretty much all women behind me. Meaning, if one of them passes me, they would beat me by 30 seconds or more. And a teammate, Julie, just starting 30 seconds after me.

The nice part about this race is that I felt I had a little bit of a 'home team' advantage. Our team was the sponsoring team today so all the people at the start and and the turnaround and at the registration table were all teammates.

At the starting line, I remembered to let go of my brakes so that was an improvement! I felt strong off the starting line. It was a hard race. My legs were burning as I was twisting through the countryside with the the farm fields and cattle on both sides of the road. I just knew that I couldn't let Julie beat me!

At the end, I wasn't as fast as last weekend. I finished 18 (just out of the top half) with a time of 29:14.07. That's okay, I felt good and I know that the field was a little more fierce than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment