3.30.2010

Tattoo Anxiety

And you thought all I want to write about is cycling and triathlon.

You'd only be partially right.

When I dreamed up this insane Ironman goal, I also made up my mind that I would get a tattoo to commemorate the journey.

Now that were only 89 days away, I have not been inspired about what that tattoo should be. I'm about 98% sure it won't be the traditional M-Dot. I just don't think it is personal enough and let's be honest, it is a logo for a corporation. I don't want to feel branded. Now, if an M-Dot could be creatively included, I wouldn't rule out that scenario.

Maybe this whole conversation is premature and something will come to me on race day. That's fair.

It's just that a couple of tattoo artist recommendations have come my way and the good ones have a really long wait time. If I don't book my appointment until after the race, I might chicken out. Yep, probably will chicken out.

Here is the short list of ideas—which probably means I won't end up with any of these because I don't LOVE them. And, if I'm going to have a tattoo for the rest of my life, I better love it A LOT.

· bumble bee (they defy science!)
· dogwood
· footprints
· koi (symbol of perseverance)

The blog format is also going through an identity crisis. Please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment