2.01.2010

Checking In

Now that it is officially February, I thought it would be a good time to check in on my resolutions for 2010.

To refresh your memory, they are the following:

* Blog more
* Eat less (modified to 'eat better' earlier this month to accommodate my ridiculous calorie needs right now)
* Ride my bike to work more, or at least take the bus more
* Take better care of myself

Now, it is hard for me to admit failure, and I won't be doing that now. I'll just say that I'm doing a much better job with the first two than the last two. I think I've only ridden the bus once this year. Oops. I also haven't done anything extra to take better care of myself. But, the game isn't over and I'm hoping that this post will be the kick-in-the-pants I need to get back at it.

Now, I blog posted 12 times in January—that is more than I posted in 2009 in its entirety. I'd say that is a success. It is getting hard though. Often times, I'd rather sleep than write, but I know this is a good outlet for me. And, I have definitely eaten better. Kevin and I have been really good about eating at home and eating our vegetables. So, even though I'm hungry all the time and feel like I'm eating all the time, I still lost weight this month. Yay for improving my watts per kilogram. (Do I sound like an elite cyclist yet?)

Sometimes, you win some; you lose some. But remember, the game isn't over yet. Expect another check-in in March.

1 comment:

  1. You have to be 10-times more anal to be an elite cyclist! You know, chew your food for a minute to help with digestion -- stuff like that.

    Kudos on the first two goals, you are well on your way! As for the second two ;-) I will do what I can to help!

    ReplyDelete