1.15.2010

Carls, ... the Dancer?

I'm over the rain. OVER IT. It has been raining almost constantly for a week and it looks like it will be another 3 days until it stops. This is my least favorite thing about Seattle. I am definitely vitamin-D deficient.

Anyway. I got out of bed this morning at 5 am and headed to the WAC for my swim/pilates combo. I should note that I did not wake up before the alarm and I was not excited to get going. Thankfully, the pool was less busy today and I was able to do my 1,000-yard swim TT without any distractions. Ground zero? 18:54. Not great; not bad. I'm proud of myself for keeping my form in tact and didn't try to power through it.

On to part 2—pilates. I was a couple minutes late, which always makes me nervous when I am trying something new. But, the teacher was a no-show so my tardiness was not an issue. There were about 10 of us waiting. Of course, as it approached 15 minutes after the class was supposed to start, I got frustrated. Doesn't this teacher know I have an Ironman to train for?!

Thank goodness for Bob! Bob is a WAC member who looks to be about 60 or so. Apparently, he has been coming to this class for years and felt confident enough to lead us through the practice. He did a great job! I got a great workout and I hope he gets a free month of membership dues.

Compliment for the day? After class, an older gentleman asked me if I have a background in dance. (I kind of do. I took a few years of jazz as a pre-teen, was a cheerleader in high school, took a few classes in college.) I was happy to say, yes. He said, "You can tell. You move like a dancer."

Wait a minute? Me? The most klutzy human being in the western hemisphere is being called graceful? Alright! I don't know if that guy really knows what dancers look like (I do, and I don't see one staring back in the mirror), but it made me stand a little taller, dare I even say, dancer-like, all day.

Also, I took a nap. It was heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment