1.11.2010

First Official Day of Ironman Training!

I made it! I finished my first day of Ironman training and I'm exhausted! I set the alarm last night for 5 am and of course, I couldn't sleep because I was so excited to get started! I jumped out of bed at 4:50 am and was in the pool by 6 am. I did 1,600 yards of drills in a really busy pool (I hope the crowd dissipates after January!) and then headed to my new pilates class.

Now, I have never done pilates. Dance? Yes. Yoga? Yes. Pilates? No. I didn't know what to expect. I was the first one to arrive so I waited to watch the other classmates to know what I needed to get—mats, towels, weights, etc. One right after another, the other students walked in. Every single one of them was male. Every single one of them was 45+. Every single one of them had a bit of a belly. Did I miss the memo? Was there a 'old men only' disclaimer on the class description I forgot to read? Oh well. I needed to get my workout in. I wasn't about to screw up my first day of training.

And, if I thought my class couldn't get more sitcom-like, I would be wrong. The teacher walks in and she looks like she is ready for a night on the town. She is wearing wedged slides and her hair in neatly coifed. She eventually takes off her coat to reveal her workout attire and she puts her hair in a clip. But the shoes? No, the shoes stayed. Is it normal to practice Pilates in heels? I immediately thought of my dear friend, Darcy. This was definitely something she could appreciate.

I did my best to keep up and the teacher said I did a pretty good job for my first class.

Then! I got a break! I went to work.

After work, Kevin drove us home where I wolfed down a snack and got ready for my Seattle Multisports class. I got there on time this week and had a great workout. I really hope it makes me a strong cyclist, ready to race with the best of them this season! (Well, the best of the category 4 riders anyway.)

And, you'll be pleased to know that there was a Table Temptation today. Today's matchup?

Me vs. Erin's Popcorn

Verdict? This was a tough battle but I came out victorious with the help of a little Dentyne gum. Okay, the battle still isn't over; 1/4 of the bag is still on the table for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment